I thought that before I got into recommending my new favourite lipstick, talking about topics I’m passionate about and of course discussing the things that enrage me more than anything, that I’d tell you a bit about who I am. I thought this way you’d be able to relate to me more and trust me, whether you’re trusting me on what foundation you should buy or that it’s not only you who dislikes 99% of the humans on this planet with a burning passion. Anyway, that’s a topic for another time. I’m going to tell you ten facts about me; but not the typical facts, because you don’t need to know my height and how many siblings I have – who actually cares? These ten facts are the kinds of things I’d want to know about someone else and there’s actually a chance you might find them interesting. Comment telling me a fact about yourself, enjoy this and I hope to see you back next Sunday for what I think will be a beauty related post.
- I am a part of an often misunderstood yet very powerful group in society. I’ll talk about this in a lot more detail another time, but as a group, I find we are often perceived as bitchy. But tell me how you could have all of this power and not use it in a negative way sometimes. As a whole we are the most powerful group in society and we are so passionate and enthusiastic about what we love and we love completely whole heartedly and open minded. I am a teenage girl and I couldn’t be prouder to be one.
- I was born and raised in the capital city of a 1st word country. I have always had everything I’ve ever needed and for this I feel so lucky and I’m so grateful for it. I’ve always been spoiled (by love and attention, not by material items although I’ve never been short of them) by my parents and older siblings – in my opinion, I’ve had a great upbringing. I thought this information might be good to know for when I’m discussing things in future posts.
- I’m an introvert. I’m not as introverted as some people are, but if we’re talking on a scale of 1 to 10, 1 being very introverted and 10 being very extroverted, I would be a 4. I used to wish I was an extrovert but now I’m so happy to be an introvert. Some introvert ‘traits’ that I have are, I’m not a fan of small talk, I’d find it easier to talk to a crowd of a thousand people than to talk to people one on one who I don’t know, I LOVE being alone, the list goes on but I’ll talk about it in more detail another time.
- This may seem like a bit of a random and irrelevant fact, but I’m a Taurus. You probably think it’s irrelevant because you can’t relate to your sun sign but I’d recommend you look at your own birth chart to find out all of your signs and you’ll be able to relate more. This means I’m loyal, devoted and responsible but I’m also stubborn, possessive and uncompromising.
- I feel like I love music a lot more than the average person and it has a lot more meaning to me. Obviously I like some songs because of the way they sound but generally for me, what makes a good song is the lyrics (I like them to have meaning, preferably deep meaning) and the voice that’s singing them. Let me know if you’d like me to make a whole post on some of my favourite songs and I can guarantee there will be something you like as I have such a diverse taste in music and I listen to music of all genres.
- As I’ve already briefly mentioned, I’m so stubborn and uncompromising which aren’t the best traits as it must be extremely annoying for my friends and family but sometimes the traits do work in my favour because it means that I’m unlikely to end up doing something I don’t want to do and then regret it later. And because of this, if I say I’m going to do something, I’ll do it, I’m the least hypocritical person ever.
- I am a total geek and I’m not ashamed at all. I don’t dislike going to school at all (apart from the occasional exception of course) and I love academic subjects, especially sciences – the creative ones just aren’t my thing which is actually weird as I’m a creative person. I enjoy revising at home as well and getting good grades is just really important to me.
- As I’ve said, I will be doing beauty posts on this blog quite frequently, so you may have figured out that I love makeup. I’ve always been interested in makeup and when I was younger I always loved using my mum and older sister’s makeup. I started wearing a little bit of makeup when I was about 11 and since then I’ve been obsessed. Having said that, I only wear makeup about twice a week and rarely more than four.
- I’ve not found my passion yet. All of my friends have something and I’ve just never been interested in dancing or any kinds of sports. There’s just never been anything that I’ve enjoyed enough to sacrifice my alone time to do. But who knows, maybe this will end up being my passion.
- I’ve been given the ‘bitch’ label by my peers. I think I intimidate a lot of people because of my ‘resting bitch face’ and because I’m not afraid to comment on something I’m not happy about and I’ll stand with what I know is right. And that brings me to my next point, I don’t have a large amount of close friends as people are quick to judge. They see my label and don’t take the time to get to know me.
I hope you enjoyed those probably quite boring facts. Make sure you’re back next Sunday at 6PM!